Here is my first finished quilt for the year (and first ever finished quilt... unless you count that crappy one I did in year 7 lol)! I love the binding around it... learnt how to do that through the quilt group I go to (thanks Kate!).
I made the second quilt by cutting up 25 charm squares and then string-piecing them together like this:
And here is the finished quilt:
I had a few squares left over from the Tweet Tweet charm pack, so did a little strip across the back incorporating the border fabric from the front. I did a wider binding this time, but it was a lot harder to do the corners... I prefer the thin binding.
Now - I'm working on the Monsters quilt that I started back in March. Baby is due in 3 days... so I think it will be a "put-on-hold" project for a couple of weeks. I'm finding it uncomfortable to sit and concentrate for too long... but if he comes late, you never know how much of it I'll get done!