I've managed to get quite a bit of sewing done this week... yay!
James' play quilt is coming along. I finished cutting out all the pieces a while back and finally started sewing them together:
Its going to be HUGE!!! No idea how I'm going to quilt it on my little machine :(
But, I love the Odyssea fabric range, those fish are so cute.
I always had the idea in my head that making a colour book would require the words "green", "pink", "red", etc. appliqued onto each page. After seeing a colour book made using only little squares of coloured material here, I realised it was going to be a whole lot quicker than I'd imagined. Here are my first three completed pages:
And finally, I'm really not sure what I've gone and got myself into lol... aliens apparently!!! Little bitty aliens!! I've joined a Flickr group where we swap 12 blocks each month. The blocks are only 3.5" square, and different themes are chosen each month. This month, you could choose between aliens or teacups (or both). I chose the alien theme as I thought the blocks would be great to make something for James later.
This is a sample block I did the other night to test how to put it all together. Other than the stitching being a little wonky, I'm happy with it. Now to make another 12!!