Thursday, April 21, 2011

do. Good Stitches: April

A couple of months ago I registered my interest in a Flickr group called "do. Good Stitches {a Charity Bee}".  I was rapt when they contacted me last month to say a new circle had been set up.  Each circle contains five quilters and five stitchers (I'm a stitcher)... and each month we all make two 12.5" blocks and send them to the quilter.  Our circle will donate our quilts to My Very Own Blanket - a charity that provides quilts for children in foster care.

April is our first month, and our quilter chose a block by Don't Call Me Betsy.

Here are the blocks I made... we were asked to make monochromatic bright blocks.



Because the quilt is going to a child, I fussy cut a few novelty prints and added them in :)

Heaps of fun!  I can't wait to see what we make next month!  And I can't wait to see this quilt all finished up too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment